31st May 2020: Pre-order now!
Batch #5 – Available to pre-order.(Estimated shipping from Monday 6th July*)
We are waiting for a large shipment of a crucial component used in our TrueBrake units. This shipment has been further delayed due to the Coronavirus pandemic. Due to government imposed restrictions, the manufacturer of the component has extended it’s April shutdown until the end of May. We will update customers with outstanding orders to any further information we receive.
What is TrueBrake?
TrueBrake is an upgrade for the for the Logitech G25/G27/G29/G920 brake pedal which gives the pedal a positive and realistic feel.
TrueBrake achieves this by:
- Measuring the brake pedal load instead of the pedal position
- Increasing the load required to reach full braking
- Reducing the amount of brake pedal travel
What’s inside TrueBrake?
- Cylinder and body: CNC machined aluminium
- Piston: Has maximum of 4mm of travel inside the cylinder
- Main Spring: Heavy duty spring resists the movement of the piston
- Circlip: Retains the piston in the cylinder
- Linear Motion Potentiometer: High quality component that detects movement of the piston
3 Stage Load Curve:
- When the brake pedal is pressed, the return spring compresses which in turn applies a small load on the TrueBrake piston.
- As the brake pedal is pressed harder it engages with the polyurethane transition buffer and the load on the piston quickly increases.
- The brake pedal is fully engaged with the TrueBrake piston and TrueBrake main spring.
The small movements of the TrueBrake piston are detected by the linear motion potentiometer which is connected in place of the stock Logitech potentiometer.
Brake Pedal Freeplay
TrueBrake is supplied with two different polyurethane buffers to give a choice of either 3mm (1/8”) or 6mm (1/4”) of brake pedal freeplay.
This unique and quality engineered solution has been rigorously tested and perfected over the last year. All the components are housed in a very strong cylinder, CNC machined in house at AXC from aircraft grade aluminium and designed to fit perfectly inside the Logitech pedal assembly. The end result is a robust and reliable pedal where the braking control is about pedal load rather than pedal travel. Just like a brake pedal should be!
Is TrueBrake a load cell?
We consider TrueBrake an “electro-mechanical load cell”. It gives similar results to a solid-state load sensor setup at a more affordable price.
No permanent modifications are necessary to your pedals. TrueBrake connects in place of the stock Logitech brake potentiometer. No drilling, cutting or soldering required. TrueBrake can be installed using simple tools. You can easily remove TrueBrake and return your Logitech pedals to how they came from the factory.
TrueBrake comes with 12 Month Warranty from date of purchase. The TrueBrake unit must not be disassembled or modified by the customer otherwise warranty is void.
Spares, support and repairs available. Contact us for more information.
Download: Installation manual
Please contact us if you have any questions.
TrueBrake is manufactured and distributed exclusively by AXC Sim. If you wish to become an AXC Sim reseller then please contact us.
AXC® Logo is registered trademark of Aeroxcraft Ltd. Logitech the Logitech logo and other Logitech marks are owned by Logitech and may be registered. PS, PlayStation, PS3 and PS4 are all registered trademarks of Sony Computer Entertainment Inc. All rights reserved.